We value our staff
With the district’s rapid growth, we have a wide range of career options with many new roles available for Professionals in all clinical and non- clinical areas, providing many opportunities for personal and professional growth in a supportive and professionally fulfilling environment.
Embarking on a new work journey, why not relook at your options to get to work !
Te Whatu Ora, Counties Manukau District and Auckland Transport are partnering together to ensure that all New employees get given a FREE “Give it a Go” AT HOP card to use for 2 weeks when you commence employment , supplied by Auckland Transport.
Starting a new role is a great time to change your travel habits, perhaps a chance to add in some daily exercise and do something good and sustainable for the environment too.
If you are a cyclist and are used to cycling to work, then great continue to do this - it’s the best option. Your manager will be able to inform you about lockers, showers & cycle storage.
If you run or walk to work – great, keep that up. The benefits of doing this are multi faceted but one of the main ones is that it provides an avenue for daily exercise which is great for physical & mental health.
The next best option is to make use of public transport. Middlemore Hospital has a train station directly outside the hospital and a frequent bus service as well. Utilising public transport is great for the environment, can be good for our staff wellbeing, as it reduces the potential stress of finding an onsite care park, allows you wind down time to and from work and is cost effective.
The other numerous work sites within the Counties Manukau district, are also serviced by bus and or train routes and you can plan a journey using a journey planner with Auckland Transport.
The Give it a Go” AT HOP , can be collected along with your staff ID card from the Security office.
- Works Perks: Discounts at some great companies (Counties Manukau identification is required to obtain discounts)
- Onsite childcare facilities: The Tree House is an onsite child care centre based at Middlemore Hospital for staff. Staff are offered excellent childcare facilities at discounted rates.
- Career development : Our biggest asset are our employees and we believe in investing in them and providing opportunities to develop. Career development is all about making decisions; achieving goals; knowing what gives you job satisfaction and getting the most out of your work. You’ll be presented with many opportunities at Counties Manukau Health, and there are people available to support you at any stage of your journey including professional leaders, educators, managers and Human Resource personnel).
- Scholarships : There are various scholarships available in support of work-related training and study.
- Health and Support Services : Staff members at Counties Manukau Health have access to a number of health and support services and facilities. These include medical and wellness services such as breast screening, smoking cessation, flu vaccinations and massage clinics and support services such as chaplaincy and the EAP programme.
Welcome to our Tree House family!
We are a community-based not-for-profit early childhood education centre set up in 1998 to provide affordable childcare for staff at Middlemore Hospital and our local community.
More than twenty years on, we continue to deliver high quality and accessible care in our newly renovated premises. For more information visit our website by clicking the link