Psychiatric Assistant - Mental Health & Addictions (Casual), Tiaho Mai, Te Whatu Ora
Casual, Rostered Shifts
As part of our on-going commitment to improve health outcomes for our community we are leading the way in developing an innovative new acute Mental Health Inpatient Unit based at Middlemore Hospital. This will support our service users and their family/whaanau, who require an inpatient stay for the treatment of mental health issues. The new inpatient unit be the first of its kind in New Zealand and will be equipped to assist us to provide better care for our community. The new building maximizes natural light and has safe inner garden courtyards and therapeutic areas.
The new model of care will be guided by some of the following principles and philosophies of care:
- Putting the person at the centre and recognising that whaanau/partners in care need to be actively involved
- Culturally appropriate
- Ensuring that needs will be met in a safe, welcoming environment that is free from judgement
Be part of this transformation that provides sanctuary, rest and inspires hope as service-users and whaanau migrate towards independence and the fulfilment of their aspirations.
We are looking for a experienced Psychiatric Assistant to join our team. You must be able to work effectively with people experiencing acute mental health problems, have excellent communication skills, manage challenging situations and be able to work under supervision as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Previous experience within a mental health setting is essential for this position.
If you have a passion for acute mental health inpatient care and enjoy positively contributing to improve by setting high clinical standards we would love to hear from you!!
This position covers the 24/7 roster and requires ability to work all shifts.
- Level 4 Health Care Assistant Certificate/ Mental Health & Addictions (please attach a copy online)
- Recent experience in mental health within an acute setting
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Evidence of computer skills
Please apply online or for more information please contact the Amon Iva in the Recruitment Centre on 09 276 0044 ext. 53461.
Applications close: 10th February 2023
Job Number: CMH20229729