Registered Nurse (Part-Time), Haematology Day Stay, Te Whatu Ora
Haematology Day Stay
Part Time Permanent (0.6 FTE)
This busy, purpose-built outpatient unit is based on the Middlemore Hospital Site and open Monday to Friday. We are looking to recruit motivated and compassionate nurses with excellent organisational and communication skills, to complement the existing team.
The Haematology Unit offers expertise in the clinical management of malignant and non-malignant diseases of the blood. It is a specialised, challenging and rewarding area to work in.
Some of the key nursing skills required are patient assessment (in person and over the phone); chemotherapy administration, symptom control and management; nurse led venesection clinics; administration of blood products; assistance with bone marrow biopsy; and patient education.
- Registered Nurse with current NCNZ Annual Practising Certificate
- At least 2 years post registration experience in a relevant clinical environment
- Effectively applies knowledge to practice
- Motivated to learn specialised knowledge
- A passion for improving nursing practice and standards of care
- Cytotoxic experience and certification
- Cannulation and IV administration experience
- Experience in cancer nursing
- Experience working in an ambulatory care environment
Please apply online at www.countieshealthjobs.com and if you have any questions, please contact Fran Upoko in the Recruitment Centre on 09 276 0044 ext 53449.
Applications close: Until Positions have been filled
Job number: CMH20229955