Advanced Clinician Occupational Therapist (Full Time) Community Health Services, Te Whatu Ora
• Flexible working, including working from home
• Commitment to your professional development
• Highly supportive team environment
Counties Manukau District is a dynamic and progressive organisation at the forefront of innovative health delivery, serving New Zealand’s most culturally diverse population. It is this diversity that offers unique opportunities for health professionals on both a personal and professional level. Our organisational vision is to work in partnership with our communities to improve the health status of all, with particular emphasis on Maaori, Pacific people, and other populations with health disparities.
The Advanced Clinician for Occupational Therapy role aims to enhance health outcomes for clients and whaanau by providing advanced knowledge and clinical leadership across the community based occupational therapy team. This team includes 25 occupational therapists located across five community bases that cover the Eastern and Southern areas of Auckland city. The Advanced Clinician for Occupational Therapy works in collaboration with four other Allied Health Advanced Clinicians to facilitate service development and quality improvement projects.
In this role you will:
- Apply advanced knowledge, skills and clinical reasoning when providing specialist intervention
- Provide specialist consultation and clinical teaching based on contemporary best-practice
- Coordinate, facilitate and model interdisciplinary practice based on a reablement philosophy
- Provide clinical support for patients with complex equipment needs
- Provide clinical leadership to the occupational therapy team through clinical research, audit and evaluation of services and client outcomes
- Support the development of Community Health Services by providing specialist advice and input into policy, planning, and resources
This is an excellent career development opportunity for an experienced Occupational Therapist with a passion for clinical leadership, workforce development and innovative service design. The successful candidate will work in conjunction with Allied Health Team Leaders and Advanced Clinicians from other disciplines to ensure high quality, evidence based practice throughout the Community Health Service. The role will support the development of an interdisciplinary workforce delivering care within a restorative approach.
- Registration and current APC with the relevant NZ Professional Body
- A minimum of 6 years post-graduate experience within a similar health setting
- Proven record of clinical leadership, critical thinking, and service development
- Full drivers licence
What's in it for you?
- A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- Fantastic culture and team environment
- Refund of your annual practising certificate cost
- Onsite professional development sessions
- Generous study allowance on top of mandatory training
- A generous relocation package which includes a one-way flight, car rental, accommodation, shipping freight (T's & C's apply)
- Support with Immigration/Visa
- Discounted services as part of our work perks
Counties Manukau District fully supports ongoing education and development of all employees including regular supervision, fortnightly in-services, performance development plans and supported study. If you are seeking an opportunity to work for a dynamic and progressive organisation at the forefront of innovative health delivery, then we would like to hear from you...
For more information please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre on 09 2760044 ext 58680 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. To review the job description, click here.
Job Number: CMH202310747
Applications Close: 12 June 2023
This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19.