Senior Occupational Therapist (Full Time) Ngaa Raukohekohe, Mental Health, Te Whatu Ora
Full Time, Permanent
Remuneration as per MECA guidelines (between 9 $87,192 -12 $98,499)
• Flexible Work Arrangements + EAP + Regular Hours
• Paid Study Leave & Financial Support for External Courses
• Team Environment + Multicultural Setting + Agile Work Style
Te Whatu Ora - Counties Manukau District is a dynamic and progressive organisation at the forefront of innovative health delivery. It is this diversity that offers unique opportunities for health professionals on both a personal and professional level. We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
Gain valuable real-life experience & insights through the role of Senior Occupational Therapist. Join our professional and multidisciplinary team, based at Pukekohe hospital. Ngaa Raukohekohe offers a fully integrated community mental health service for adults aged 18 years +. Our integrated locality based services provide specialist mental health care for those with moderate to severe mental health and addictions conditions. We also provide consultation and liaison with primary care partners for those with mild to moderate concerns. If you enjoy being part of a positive working environment, this could be the role for you! We work closely with our service users, Non-Government Organisations and their Primary Care providers. We can offer you a chance to work both independently and as part of a strong quality-focussed team. You will also be provided with on-going support with clinical supervision and professional development opportunities.
Responsibilities will include the assessment and treatment of our clients occupational needs as well as specialised interventions that are considered an essential component of our multidisciplinary team. You would provide an overarching occupational therapy perspective for the team as required, with the opportunity to develop therapeutic groups for a clinically and culturally diverse client group, and carry out expert assessments of function. There is an expectation that this will also include comprehensive Mental Health Assessment, Risk Assessment and management plans.
- New Zealand Registration with the Occupational Therapy Board
- At least 5 years’ experience as an Occupational Therapist within Mental Health and Addictions services
- Current Annual Practising Certificate
- Full, clean drivers licence
What's in it for you?
- Refund of your annual practising certificate cost
- A generous relocation package which includes a one-way flight, car rental, shipping freight and accommodation (T's & C's apply)
- Support with Immigration/Visa
- Free parking onsite
- Discounted services as part of our work perks
For more information please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre on 09 276 0044 ext 58680 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: 21 December 2023
Job Number: CMH07713