Registered Nurse (Full-Time), Maternal Mental Health & Addictions, Te Whatu Ora
Community Maternal Mental Health Registered Nurse
Maternal Mental Health Team based at Springs Rd, East Tamaki
Full time permanent positions available
Are you an innovative, motivated and passionate Mental Health Nurse interested in joining our Maternal Mental Health Team?
The primary aim of the MMH team is to ensure that specific expertise is provided to women and their whaanau who are either pregnant or up to 12 months post partum and are experiencing moderate to severe mental health problems.
This vacancy is situated at Springs Rd. Community Mental Health Centre in East Tamaki.
Our supportive, professional team offers a range of interventions to meet the Maternal Mental Health needs of women and their whaanau within the Counties Manukau area. These range from assessment and crisis intervention to recovery /rehabilitation approaches and specific individual and group therapies.
If you are a Registered Nurse with a positive and flexible attitude, have good interpersonal skills and a passion for Maternal Mental Health we would like to hear from you!
- New Zealand Registered Nurse with experience working in the mental health area
- Ability to carry out assessments and to establish individual treatment goals and plans in partnership with the patient and whaanau
- Knowledge of physiological effects of pregnancy and childbirth and its' impact on mental health
- Knowledge of pharmacological issues pertaining to pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Knowledge of health and social services and other resources available in the local area for pregnant women and young families/ whaanau
- Post graduate certificate or diploma in mental health
- Personal experience with parenting would be seen as an advantage
- Experience in maternal mental health service delivery
For further information about these opportunities, please contact Amon Iva in the Recruitment Centre on 09 277 3461 or please apply online.
Applications close: Until roles filled
Job number: CMH202310493