Core/Experienced Physiotherapist (Full Time) Kidz First, Child Development Team
Remuneration as per PSA Allied Health MECA guidelines (between step 1 $58,513 – 10 $89,701)
• Flexible Work Arrangements + EAP + Regular Hours
• Paid Study Leave & Financial Support for External Courses
• Team Environment + Multicultural Setting + Agile Work Style
Are you passionate about working with children and looking to make a difference for tamariki with disability and their whanau within the South Auckland area? The Kidz First Community Child Development Team (CDT) is looking for a dynamic and an enthusiastic Physiotherapist to join their team.
The Kidz First Child Development Service is a multidisciplinary community-based team who provide therapy and social work to assist children with disability needs and their family/whaanau to achieve their full potential in their lives. We work holistically and whaanau centred with children in their homes, kindergartens and clinics.The team is based at Kidz First Community Health in Manukau, South Auckland and provide home-based interventions to children aged 2 years through to 16 years. Our team support a high Maaori and Pacifica population and would welcome applicants from these communities.
About the role:
You will work in partnership with children, their whaanau and other health care providers in order to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate outcomes of care for children and their whaanau.
Children under our service have a range of diagnoses including, but not limited to, cerebral palsy, autism, global developmental delay, muscular dystrophy, chromosomal abnormities and spina bifida. We also provide therapy for children with a neurodevelopmental diagnosis.
The preferred candidate will be someone who has a passion to work with children, is an excellent communicator whilst honouring cultural diversity, specifically for Maaori and Pacifica. An ability to effectively organise your caseload, model best practice, the ability to provide clinical support in a whanau centred manner.
- NZ Physiotherapy registration and current APC
- Interest in Paediatrics and desire to learn new skills within the paediatric setting
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with children, whaanua, peers, internal and external agencies
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full, clean motor vehicle drivers licence
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply Now”.
To review the core clinician position description, please ‘click here’ and to view the experienced clinician job description, please click here. If you have questions about this role, please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre on 09 2760044 ext 58680 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Number: CMH202312556
Applications Close: 17 December 2023