Rotational Clinical Pharmacist - Pharmacy Service, Counties Manukau, Te Whatu Ora
Middlemore Hospital is a large and progressive tertiary hospital located in South Auckland and is unique in terms of the diverse, high-needs population we serve. Our service is committed to providing excellent patient-centred care and achieving equitable health outcomes through collaboration, continuous improvement and innovation. We are proud to be one of the leading Clinical Pharmacy services in Australasia with established systems and technology to optimise safe and effective use of medicines for our patients, from admission to discharge. Our clinical pharmacists have a strong presence and are well-regarded across the organisation. Our work is highly valued not just in the direct patient care setting but also in clinical leadership within the multidisciplinary team as well as quality/systems improvement and governance.
We are invested in building workforce capabilities and supporting our pharmacists to achieve their goals as a clinician and to make a lasting impact within and beyond the organisation. The diverse and complex clinical scenarios that we encounter and help manage every day make Counties Manukau an exceptional environment for lifelong learning, no matter your years of experience. Our rotation design and structure alongside our recently updated career framework enable our pharmacists to excel in their clinical careers, as well as pursue opportunities in education, quality improvement, research and leadership.
Working alongside pharmacists with a wide range of experience, your main responsibilities include:
- Providing clinical pharmacy services to our inpatients, including medicines reconciliation, medication review and optimisation, discharge facilitation and attending ward rounds/MDTs
- Promoting evidence-based medicine and patient-centred care
- Contributing towards/leading quality improvement and medication safety initiatives
- Continuing to grow your clinical expertise and contributing to education and training of your colleagues and other professions
- Supporting other aspects of the pharmacy service such as inpatient dispensary and oncall service
We are looking for a pharmacist who is/has:
- New Zealand Registered Pharmacist with current APC or eligibility to obtain one
- Prior hospital experience with established clinical pharmacy competencies and technical ability (preferred but not essential)
- Patient-focused, enthusiastic and driven
- Excellent communicator with sound problem-solving skills
- Curious, reflective and motivated in continuous improvement
- Able to work flexible hours (such as participating in our extended pharmacy service hours, oncall and weekend rosters)
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in clinical pharmacy (not essential)
If you are successful in your job application, we will provide you with a generous relocation package to move to New Zealand, which includes accommodation, car rental, one-way flight and shipping costs (Terms & Conditions apply).
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! For successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations.
We offer highly competitive remuneration commensurate matching to your skills, experience and qualifications.
Please apply online at www.countieshealthjobs.com. To view the job description, please click here. For more information, please contact Amy Lin on Amy.Lin@middlemore.co.nz.
Job Number: CMH202310668
Applications Close: 29 June 2023